For Further Information Contact:
William R. Steinhaus, County Executive
Dutchess County Emergency Operations Center: Overnight Shelters and Warming Centers Information
Updated: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 @ 11:00am
List of warming centers and overnight shelters as provided to the Dutchess County Emergency Operations Center by local municipalities and the American Red Cross:
Overnight Shelters -
American Red Cross is operating overnight shelters with cots and food at the following locations.
• Cornell Cooperative Extension Farm & Home Center located at 2715 Route 44, Millbrook. Contact number is 677-8223. Currently open.
• Town of Pawling - Lakeside Park, located at 2 Lakeside Drive, Pawling. Contact number is 855-1131.
Residents should bring bedding including blankets and pillows and any necessary medications as well as other personal necessities such as cell phone chargers. Families with children should bring some toys or other items for quiet enjoyment.
Warming Centers -
Warming Centers open today (11/1/11) by following municipalities. Please note: food, bedding and other shelter items are not available at warming centers. These locations provide an opportunity for residents to come and warm up. Residents should bring their own supplies.
• Milan Town Hall, located at 20 Wilcox Circle in Milan, is open until 4 pm.
Contact: Supervisor William Gallagher at 206-8637
• Pine Plains Community Center, located at 7775 South Main St. in Pine Plains, is open.
Contact: Jennifer Mosher at (518) 929-1392
• Village of Fishkill Van Wyck Hall, located at 1095 Main St, in Fishkill, is open.
Contact: Rad Wilson at 897-4430
• Town of Fishkill Police Station Community Room, located at 807 Route 52 in Fishkill, is open.
Contact: Police Dispatch at 831-1110
• Town of Northeast American Legion Hall Post 178, located at 155 Route 44 in Millerton, is open to Millerton residents starting at 12 noon and remaining open as needed.
Contact: David Sherman at 233-0190 or Bob Jenks at 656-6466
• Town of Northeast Town Hall, located at 19 N. Maple Ave., Millerton, is open until 5pm.
Contact: David Sherman at 233-0190
• Red Hook Town Hall, located at 7340 S. Broadway, is open until 4 pm.
• Wappingers Town Hall, located at 20 Middlebush Rd, is open until 3 pm.
Dry Ice -
Central Hudson will be providing Dry Ice and bottled water at the Stanford Fire Department on Route 82 in Stanfordville, and Home Depot on Route 9 (across from Marist College), Poughkeepsie at 2 pm today until supplies run out.
Residents are also reminded to call 9-1-1 ONLY in the event of an emergency. Reports of power outages and inquiries about power restoration efforts should be directed to local utilities.
Information about warming centers and shelter operations is also available by calling 2-1-1.
Information will also be available on the County’s social media pages including Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dutchess-County-Government/73646813346 and Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/DutchessCoGov.
- end -