- “SAFETY – Do Your Part” -
The Dutchess County Traffic Safety Board (DCTSB) is a coalition of law enforcement, education, health and service agencies and individuals committed to ensuring that our streets, sidewalks, and residents remain safe and secure.
The Dutchess County Traffic Safety Board supports effective Traffic Safety and Injury Prevention Programming to reduce injuries, fatalities, and related economic impact for all Dutchess County highway users.
The Traffic Safety Board goals include:
- Educating the public about safe driving, motorcycling, bicycling, and walking habits. Topics include aggressive driving, school bus safety, the special needs of mature/older drivers, and proper bicycling and pedestrian behaviors.
- Support of local law enforcement agencies to reduce crashes related to aggressive driving and excessive speed.
- Support law enforcement efforts to increase compliance with NYS State seat belt law through the “Buckle Up New York” campaign.
- Support the efforts of local law enforcement bicycle patrols to reduce pedestrian and bicycle crashes and injuries through proper role modeling and enforcement activities.
- Provide training opportunities in proper child passenger safety seat installations and seat-check events throughout Dutchess County to improve the safety of our youngest residents.
- Manage the organization and dissemination of traffic and crash statistics from area police agencies.
- Distribute educational materials and safety equipment (bicycle helmets, reflective materials, car seats) to residents in support of on-going education and safety programs.
- Dutchess County continues to have an active Traffic Safety Board, which supports a coordinated program of comprehensive highway safety and traffic injury prevention efforts to address traffic-related problems. Our combined successes include reductions in the number of personal injury crashes, total injuries, and fatal crashes/deaths are likely the result of enhanced enforcement activities related to unsafe driving behaviors, seat belt use compliance, and child passenger safety initiatives.
- Monthly Meetings are held on the second Monday at 1pm at the Dutchess County Department of Public Works - Traffic Safety Board Office - 626 Dutchess Turnpike - 1st Floor - Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Traffic Safety Board Members
Vince Bellino, Chair; Stephen Gill, Vice-Chair; James Rapoli, Secretary; Paul Bonfiglio; Lt. Mike Dampf; Emily Dozier; Norm Fenichel; John Healy; Matthew Heneka; Sgt. Todd Jicha; Sgt. Todd King; Sgt. Christine Lopez; John McKinney Jr.; Joe Ryan; Ann Rush; Anthony Russo; Robert W. Simpson; William Steenbergh