Dutchess County is committed to ensuring our community is inclusive and respectful for all, with the human rights of every individual protected and championed.
If you believe you have a human rights issue, we can review the issue with you and as needed, assist you with preparing and filing a complaint with the New York State Division of Human Rights (NYC office).
Contact Dutchess County Human Rights/EEO Officer Jody Miller at 486-2169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Rights Commission
To further ensure the protection of human rights, Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro has re-established the Dutchess County Human Rights Commission.
Purpose of the Dutchess County Human Rights Commission
The purpose of the Dutchess County Human Rights Commission is to enhance the quality of life in Dutchess County by:
- Fostering mutual respect and understanding among all groups, including but not limited to, racial, religious, national, disability, and LGBT groups in the county;
- Inquiring into incidents of tension and conflict among or between various groups, including but not limited to, racial, religious, national, disability, and LGBT groups, and to take such possible actions as may be designed to alleviate such tensions and conflict;
- Reporting complaints of alleged discrimination because of age, creed, which means religion or religious practice, race, color, sex, including gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, domestic violence victims, status, disability, military status, arrest record, conviction record, predisposing genetic characteristics, familial status (housing only), and domestic workers (employment only) to the Division of Human Rights;
- Conducting and recommending such educational programs as, in the judgment of the Commission, will increase goodwill among people of the county and open new opportunities into all phases of community life for all;
- Making such studies in any field of human relationship in the county as in the judgment of the Commission will aid in effectuating its general purposes.