How to Sign Up...
- Call 1-888-VINE-4-NY (1-888-846-3469) from a touch-tone phone and follow the directions. The VICTIM HOTLINE will tell you the custody status of the offender.
- If the offender is in custody, you can leave a phone number where you want to be notified when there is a change in the offender's custody status. Enter the area code and phone number, followed by the pound (#) key.
- When the VICTIM HOTLINE asks, make up and enter a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) code that will be easy for you to remember. You can write this number down for reference. The New York Sheriffs VICTIM HOTLINE will ask for the PIN code when it calls you.
- When the New York Sheriffs' VICTIM HOTLINE calls, listen to the message, then enter your PIN when asked. Entering the PIN lets the VICTIM HOTLINE know that you got the call.
Victim Assistance Services in New York State
- New York State Crime Victims Board ~ 1-800-247-8035
- New York Sheriffs' VICTIM HOTLINE ~ 1-888-846-3469
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving ~ 1-800-245-6233
- New York State Domestic Violence Hotline ~ English: 1-800-942-6906, Spanish: 1-800-942-6908
- New York State Elder Abuse Hotline ~ 1-800-342-3009
- New York State Parole Victim Impact Unit ~ 1-518-486-4400, 1-800-639-2650
- New York State Sex Offender Registry ~ 1-900-288-3838
- Rape Crisis Services ~ 1-800-342-5767