The Dutchess County Sheriff's Office Correction Division is committed to fulfilling the needs of the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office and the community at large by providing for the safe, secure, and humane housing of persons committed to its custody.
In order to accomplish this mission we shall:
- Maintain the safety and good order of the facility through the practice of a humane treatment philosophy that ensures that inmates are not subject to unlawful discriminatory treatment based upon race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, or political beliefs
- Comply with all federal and state laws and the NYS Minimum Standards for County Jails and Penitentiaries
- Design and implement cost effective and efficiently operated programs
- Incorporate flexibility and adaptability in all operational designs
- Implement and adhere consistently to new and innovative correction concepts
- Provide appropriate organizational support programs and services.