Rules of the WRS Dutchess Rail Trail
- All Groups who wish to use the trail for ANY special event or activity must request a Usage Permit from the Parks Department and submit the required fee and insurance before any event will be allowed.
- Park in designated areas
- Trail open dawn to dusk.
- Please be courteous and considerate of other trail users.
- Stay to the right.
- Travel at a reasonable and controlled speed.
- Announce “on your left” then pass with care.
- Bicyclists must wear a helmet.
- Dogs must be leashed on a maximum 6 foot long leash
- Clean up after your pet.
- This is a “Carry In/Carry Out” park - NO LITTERING
- Please respect private property.
- No hunting on trail property.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No Segways or Hover Boards permitted on any Dutchess County Rail Trail
- Horses are not permitted.
Please report any incidents to
Dutchess County DPW Parks @ 845-298-4600
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY DIAL 9-1-1