The Hudson Valley Regional Airport, located 7 miles south of the City of Poughkeepsie, in the Town of Wappinger, provides corporate and general aviation transportation services.
The Airport continues its excellence in facility care and upkeep through innovation, application of available technology, and benchmarking industry leadership. Federal and State grants are aggressively pursued for all eligible projects identified in the Airport Master Plan.
The Legislature’s Airport Advisory Committee, a citizen advisory group, provides input on operational issues and development initiatives.
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
FightLevel Aviation, which fuels airplanes and provides other FBO services, is in operation from 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., and by request.
The field was established in the 1930s by the United States Department of Commerce, primarily as an emergency field to cover mail runs between metropolitan areas along the east coast. Colonial Airlines, one of the original air mail contractors, was one of the earliest tenants at the field.
At the start of World War II the field was taken over by the Army Air Corps. It functioned as a satellite base to Stewart Airfield. A control tower was added and its main use was to function as a training field for West Point cadets.
On April 4, 1947 the field was deeded to Dutchess County by the War Assets Administration under provisions of the Surplus Property Act of 1944. The county paid $1 and agreed to keep the field open to aviation.