Info Finder

 Printable version
- Frequently Asked Questions -

Citizenship and Residency

Citizenship and Residency
Q.   How can I find an immigration office, file for a green card, or apply to become a United States citizen?

Click Here to access the webpages of the  U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  These pages describe in detail the procedure for becoming a United States citizen, immigration laws, forms to download, locations of local field offices, frequently asked questions and more.

Go to top of page

Q.   I have a relative in another country. How do I obtain a VISA for them?

Visit the U.S. Department of State webpages that deal with obtaining a Visa.

Go to top of page

Q.   Do I have to be a Dutchess County resident to take a civil service examination?

No, you do not need to be a resident of Dutchess County in order to take a civil service examination.

Go to top of page

Q.   How do I obtain a Certificate of Residence for a NYS community college outside Dutchess County?

Certificates of Residence can be obtained from the Commissioner of Finance, 22 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, NY.

Go to top of page




Listen button image Listen to webpage


Increase and decrease text size Change text size