Current Exam and Recruitment Announcements
These are the current exams and recruitments being offered through Dutchess County’s Department of Human Resources.
You can view the details of each exam and recruitment by clicking on the title.
Jump to Announcements
Before you apply, take note:
- Read the entire announcement -- make sure you meet all of the minimum qualifications and requirements.
- For immediate job opportunities, a civil service exam may be required at a later date.
- The examination application processing fee is non-refundable.
- If the examination processing fee is not paid, then your application will be disapproved.
- Promotional exams require you to have a permanent appointment in that agency to apply.
- For continuous recruitments, applications are accepted continually with no application deadline.
- Dutchess County does not currently accept online applications for continuous recruitments.
How to apply:
For applicants who may require an accommodation:
- It is the policy of Dutchess County to provide reasonable accommodation to an applicant with a disability at any time from recruitment to hiring.
- Applicants needing an accommodation specifically related to taking a civil service exam should contact HRExams@DutchessNY.Gov.
- Applicants for positions with Dutchess County Government who need an accommodation should submit a Request for Accommodation Based on Disability (.pdf) to ADARequests@DutchessNY.Gov.
- All other applicants needing an accommodation who are canvassed for positions for agencies other than Dutchess County Government should reach out to the appointing authority to submit a request.
If you are not interested in the exams or recruitments listed below, you may choose to be notified when new announcements are posted by signing up for Dutchess Delivery.
Immediate Job Opportunities
The following exams have a non-refundable application fee that must be paid prior to the application being approved.
Continuous Recruitment Exams
as well as Recruitment and Examination Announcements are available
or at the Dutchess County Department of Human Resources, Monday through Friday during the hours between 9 AM and 5 PM
at the following address:
Dutchess County Department of Human Resources
Dutchess County Office Building - 5th floor
22 Market Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
You may also mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request.
However, if you do request forms by mail, please allow sufficient time to be sure you meet any announced filing deadlines.